top of page
  • Sylvie Haber, CFE

Facebook Marketing

Updated: May 5, 2023

Is it right for your practice?

Every time you open Facebook, you get bombarded with ads for different services and companies. You start thinking to yourself, “Is this what I need to be doing? But I don’t know if this is right for the practice?” You are not alone, so many others have these same questions and don’t know where to start. In this article, I will discuss some pointers as to help navigate whether or not an ad on social media is a good fit for your needs.

With any form of advertising, whether it be traditional paper advertising or digital advertising, you have to take a look at your audience. What is your practice’s target market? Where do most of the practices new patients come from? What is the competition doing? By answering these questions, it can help you start determining if the practice should start utilizing social media ads.

Once it is decided that social media ads will be utilized for the practice, then the next step is to choose which platform that would best benefit the practices needs. As we all know, there are many different types of social media platforms, but for the purpose of this article, Facebook is the platform that will be primarily discussed.

In Facebook, there are two primary ads that the practice can be marketed - Facebook ads and boosted posts. Both of these methods are highly effective but in different ways. Let’s discuss the details of both methods.

  • Facebook ads: you are create a custom ad that appears on news feeds or on the side of the Facebook page. This ad can be shown anywhere on Facebook, depending on the service paid for with Facebook, and can help bring traffic to the practices Facebook and website. These ads can be a beneficial tool in tracking ad engagements, getting patients to click on your page, and obtain customer information.

  • Boosted posts: although similar to a Facebook ad, this is more specific. Boosted posts are posts that are made on the practices Facebook page that appears on the news feeds of those that like the practices page, their friends, or people that you choose through targeting options.

Now that the different ad methods have been discussed, another question that helps determine the use of social media ads is the budget given. Once a budget is given, it is best practice to use 80% on Facebook display ads and the other 20% on engagement. These percentages can be altered after evaluating the effectiveness of this type of marketing. Facebook advertising is one of the easiest and cost-effective forms of social media advertising any company can have. Once a page has been created for the practice, Facebook creates a user-friendly way to advertise to the targeted market.

In the ever-evolving world of advertising, it can be confusing as to what works best for the practice’s specific needs. By keeping up with the latest trends with social media ads may be beneficial in the long-run. Again, every practice is different and each target market is different. Do what is not only best for the practice and the current patients but for potential new patients.


Sylvie Haber, Consultant

Sylvie first entered the dental field through her mother, who is a dentist. She grew up attending conferences and many dental meetings. Watching her mother’s passion and love of dentistry, Sylvie grew to love the profession as well. After, she earned her MBA in Healthcare Administration from Loma Linda University.  She completed the ADA ‘s Executive Program in Dental Management and also became a Fellow of the American Association of Dental Office Management. Sylvie enjoys seeing dental offices thrive, become more productive and run smoothly under her guidance through management and coaching.

Sylvie can be reached at:

71 views0 comments


bottom of page